A Schengen visa allows you to travel to Greece and other Schengen countries for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. The exact documents you need will vary depending on your nationality and individual circumstances. However, you will generally need to provide a valid passport, a visa application form, and proof of financial means.
At Luma, we can help you with your visa application documents. We will guide you through the required documentation and ensure that your application is submitted correctly.
How can I get a Schengen visa for Greece?
If you’re from an ASEAN country and wish to travel to Greece, you need to familiarize yourself with the visa requirements specific to your nation. The process may involve applying through your country’s Greece Embassy or Consulate or utilizing their dedicated visa processing provider.
Steps to apply for a Greece visa:
- Preparation: Identify the correct visa type you require and gather all the necessary supporting documents before you start. Note you may require additional documentation if travelling with children.
- Complete the online visa application form, tailored to your home country’s requirements for a Greece visa application.
- Registration: Visit the embassy or consular services provider’s website to arrange an appointment.
- Submission: On the day of your appointment, head to the Visa Application Centre where you will submit your application and provide biometric data.
- Completion: Once processed, you can collect your passport directly from the Centre or choose their Express Courier Return option service for delivery if available.
Always ensure you’re updated with the most recent requirements and guidelines by checking the official websites or contacting your country’s Greece Embassy or Consulate. Safe travels!
Always cover your trip with the Luma Schengen Pass for all your travel insurance needs.
What documents do I need for applying for a Schengen visa for Greece?
This depends on the type of visa you require, where you are traveling from and the duration of your stay. Here are the requirements in detail for major ASEAN countries:
Greece Visa Requirements for Thai Citizens
Greece visa for Indonesian citizens
Greece visa for Vietnamese citizens
Greece visa for Malaysia citizens
Visa Exemption: According to the regulations, Malaysian citizens do not need a visa to enter the countries of the Schengen Agreement, including Greece, as tourists or business travellers if their stay is no longer than 90 days within 6 months. Verifying the official Greek Embassy in Malaysia or Jakarta prior to travel is recommended.
Greece visa for Philippines citizens
What is the cost of a Schengen visa for Greece?
The cost of obtaining a Schengen Visa can vary based on the applicant’s age, visa type, and nationality. As of the last update, the general visa fee structure for the Schengen visa is as follows:
- Adults: EUR80
- Children (6-12 years old): EUR40
- Children under 6 years: Free of charge
However, there are exceptions and reductions:
- Students: Reduced fees or waivers may apply for students or postgraduates and accompanying teachers on educational trips.
- Researchers: Individuals travelling for scientific research may benefit from reduced fees.
- Diplomatic passport holders: can obtain a visa for free.
- Certain categories of applicants from countries with Visa Facilitation Agreements with the Schengen states may be subject to a reduced visa fee of EUR35.
- Long-term visas: National visas or Type D visas, intended for longer stays or any other Schengen country, might have a different fee structure.
Fees are non-refundable, even if your visa application is rejected. Additionally, visa processing agencies or centres might charge an additional service fee.
Is travel insurance mandatory for a Greece visa?
Yes, travel and medical insurance are mandatory when visiting any Schengen country, including for Greece Visa Requirements.
To apply for a Schengen Visa, it’s important to have travel and medical insurance valid for all 27 countries in the Schengen Area. This insurance should cover accidents and illnesses, with a minimum coverage of EUR30,000, even for countries you don’t plan to visit. This ensures adequate protection throughout your trip for any illnesses and accidents.
The Luma Schengen Pass travel insurance comprehensively covers all the requirements for travel to
Schengen countries – we’ve got you covered!
How long does it take to process a visa for Greece?
The standard processing time for a Greek Schengen visa is typically up to 15 days. However, this duration can sometimes be extended:
- 30 days if the Greece embassy is handling a large volume of applications or if your application is particularly complex.
- 60 days in rare situations, especially if the Greece embassy needs to confer with other Schengen member embassies.
Therefore, it’s advisable to submit your application for a Greece short-stay visa as early as possible, but not more than three months before your planned trip to Greece.
How do I get a medical certificate for a visa to Greece?
You will need to present a letter from a physician or a hospital in the Schengen area confirming the appointment; and confirming as well the necessity of treatment at that hospital or clinic, and proof of medical insurance or proof of payment for medical treatment. The applicant must present documents that proof that he has enough economic means to pay the medical treatment in its country of destination.
How do I get a student visa for Greece?
You will require the following do documents but it is recommended to verify the most up to date requirements with the consulate in your home country prior to application:
- Accomplished Application Form: For a long-stay visa, including details about the institution you’ll be attending.
- Valid Passport: Valid for at least three months after your return date with at least two blank pages.
- ID Photos: Two passport-size photos (35mm x 45mm) on a light background.
- Proof of Registration: Either a proof of enrolment or a receipt showing payment of required fees at the institution.
- Language Proficiency: Proof of proficiency in either Greek or English, depending on the program.
- Medical Insurance: The Luma Schengen Pass Travel Insurance is tailored to meet your needs.
- Proof of Status: Marriage or divorce certificate and birth certificates of children, if applicable.
- Means of Subsistence: Proof that you can financially support yourself, with a minimum of EUR 400 a month in your bank account.
- Medical Certificate: Confirmation you don’t have a contagious disease.
- Criminal Record: From your country of residence or any other country you’ve resided in.
- Consent from Parents: If under 18 years old.
Visa Fee: EUR 90 (non-refundable if denied).
LUMA Schengen Pass for Greece Travel Insurance
Here are some reasons why you should consider choosing Luma for your Schengen travel insurance needs:
- Extensive coverage: With coverage starting at EUR30,000 Luma offers comprehensive protection throughout your trip, giving you peace of mind as you explore Europe.
- Flexible options: Whether you’re planning an individual trip or multiple trips within a year, Luma Schengen Pass Travel Insurance has got you covered.
- Wide range of eligibility: Luma is designed to accommodate travellers of various age groups, from 1 year old to 85 years old.
- Perfect for South East Asian travellers: If you’re departing from South East Asia, Luma Schengen Pass Travel Insurance is tailored to meet your needs.
But that’s not all! Here are some additional benefits you can enjoy with Luma:
- Easy application process: Applying for Luma insurance is a breeze – do it online and receive your insurance certificate via email.
- Trustworthy and reliable: Join over 60,000 fellow travellers who have placed their trust in Luma. With a proven track record, Luma is a name you can rely on.
- Globally recognized: Luma insurance is widely accepted by embassies around the world, making your visa application process smoother and hassle-free.
So why compromise on your travel insurance? Choose Luma Schengen Pass Travel Insurance and experience the peace of mind you deserve while exploring Europe.
Travel Insurance for Greece
What if my Greece Visa is denied?
Visa refusals will always be notified in writing, explaining why. You may submit an appeal for reconsideration to this Consular Office within 1 month of the day following the date on which notification of the refusal is received.
Can I visit other European countries with my visa?
Yes. According to the Schengen rules, the Schengen visa is generally valid for all the countries in the Schengen area. Please note that you must always apply for your visa at the country’s consulate of your primary destination.
As immigration requirements can change at short notice, you should contact your travel agent or the Embassy of Spain in your home country for the latest information.