The IT Support specialist is in charge of overseeing and reviewing aspects of company IT infrastructure (including servers, switches, storage, security, software applications, external hosting, remote offices and backups). He/She helps all users on the technical side so they can perform their daily tasks.
- Provides technical support for internal end users on a variety of hardware and software problems including operating system support, application support, system access problems, telephone/soft phone, computer, printer, etc.
- Maintains IT support ticketing system; categories issue and input description in Jira software and ticket reporting.
- IT asset management and maintenance.
- Acts as primary departmental resource during infrastructure emergencies; dispatches technicians, maintains communications with staff and management
- Works closely with network administration or vendors to diagnose and troubleshoot network outages, maintain network configuration for users and their components/cabling, maintain user accounts and reboots servers and routers
- File server administration.
- Co-ordinate with IT service providers.
- Assists end user with the operation of legacy and newer application software, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and communication software, web applications, anti-virus and college business application on varied platforms and operating systems
- Creates technical documentation and procedures, and serves as resource for training materials in response to company, employees inquiries for technical support
- Researches and recommends hardware and software purchases for company. Obtains quotes for repair costs and maintenance. Contacts vendors for product information and price quotes. Contacts service contractors as needed.
- Excellent attitude
- Ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a friendly, calm and reassuring manner.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and ‘can do’ attitude
- 3 years of experience in IT Support/Help Desk Support/ IT Specialist
- Microsoft Windows advanced level
- Microsoft 365 administration advance level
- Microsoft Team
- Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive
- Knowledge of MacOS and software
- Strong understanding of NTFS and share permissions on previous and current Windows Server environments
- Good knowledge of Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VPN devices and wireless and other networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP.
- Knowledge of Linux System is a big plus